ROUNDTABLE 10. 6. 2022, 17:00 – 18:30
Martin Laryš – CBAP chairman, researcher at the Institute of International Relations Prague
Miroslav Mareš – Expert on extremism and terrorism, Masaryk University Brno
Matěj Kandrík – Director of the Stratpol – Strategic Policy Institute
– Change of narrative for the far-right: from Covid dissent to Russia’s fifth column
– Does the Russian aggression against Ukraine provide a new window of opportunity for the far-right actors?
– How do the messages and disinformation by the far-right actors facilitate societal polarization?
– What are the main narratives used by the far-right in relation to the Russian invasion?
– Why does the far-right willingly play the role of the Kremlin’s fifth column? – How do the far-right and far-left political actors share their pro-Russian and anti-western agendas?